General DR&PC USPSA Information
- Dates: Please check the Calendar for the up to date schedule of USPSA matches. Match schedule is typically the 1st Sunday afternoon of the month, though some months the schedule will change due to other events and conflicts.
- Afternoon matches: Setup starts at 1:00 PM, with safety brief and walkthrough as soon as possible after that.
- Morning matches:
- May – September: Setup starts at 7:00 AM, with safety brief and walkthrough as soon as possible after that.
- October – April: Setup starts at 8:00 AM, with safety brief and walkthrough as soon as possible after that.
- Please come for setup and be early–we cannot take additional entries after the safety brief and stage walkthrough has started.
- Please consider helping with setup and teardown.
- Changes: If the weather looks questionable, shooters are advised to monitor our website or Facebook page for updates.
- Cost: $15.00 for DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club members and $20.00 for non-members. You will pay at the match, but please register and squad ahead of time.
- Registration: Please visit the DR&PC USPSA Club page on Practiscore.com to register and squad for matches.
- Equipment: See equipment list below for starting recommendations.
- Match size: 24-30
- Open to all safe shooters who want to have fun and hone their pistol skills, including non-members of DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club.
- Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters.
- Past match scores: Visit this page on Practiscore.com.
Equipment Basics (not all inclusive)
- A safe and operable pistol in a self-defense caliber (e.g. 9mm and larger in semi-auto/PCC and 38 Special and larger in revolver).
- Eye and ear protection.
- At least 200 rounds of ammunition. Though most matches are around 100-125 rounds, we may shoot a longer match on some days.
- A strong-side hip holster that is correctly fitted to your pistol.
- NO nylon or other soft holsters. No appendix, cross draw, shoulder holsters. All holsters must be worn on the strong-side hip.
- NO Serpa or other holsters where you must disengage a locking mechanism during the draw.
- At least five magazines or eight speed loaders / moon clips for your pistol. More will always be better.
- Enough carriers for your magazines / speed loaders / moon clips.
- A quality gun belt that can support the weight of your gear.
- An appropriate bag to carry your firearms, magazines, ammunition and other gear.
We will conduct courtesy equipment checks randomly to ensure you’re in compliance with the current rulebook.