The DeSoto Rifle and Pistol Club is proud to host Project Appleseed clinics.
- Please check the Calendar for the up to date schedule of classes for the Project Appleseed clinics.
- Length: 2 days, both days – 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Cost: Visit registration page for current costs.
- Range Fee (collected at clinic): $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for under 18. Active duty military and LEO’s are free.
- Ammunition: 500 rounds of ammunition for your rifle
- Class size: 20 maximum
- Prerequisites: N/A
- Restrictions: Open to all students, including non-members of DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club. In accordance with ITAR regulations, only US Citizens are allowed to participate in DR&PC training courses.
- Weather: Please understand that we shoot rain, snow or shine. Please be prepared for any sort of weather that you may encounter at your shoot location.
- Location: Pistol Bay 3.
- Please visit this page to register: DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club Appleseed Schedule
These nationwide clinics are a great way to better your rifle marksmanship, whatever your current skill level. The goal of Project Appleseed is to give every American the skills to take a rack grade rifle and surplus ammunition and consistently hit silhouette targets out to 500 yards from the prone position using iron sights and no rests or sandbags. You will learn the steady hold factors for the standing, sitting and prone positions, the six steps of firing a shot, NPOA, MOA windage and elevation calculation and a whole lot more. You will also hear stories of the first day of the American Revolutionary War that they don’t teach in school anymore.
- Please review How to prepare for an Appleseed clinic.