DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club is proud to be an IDPA International Affiliated Club. From the IDPA website: IDPA is the use of practical equipment including full charge service ammunition to solve simulated “real world” self-defense scenarios using practical handguns and holsters that are suitable for self-defense use. The main goal is to test the skill and ability of an individual in a safe and enjoyable way.
If you are looking for a fun and enjoyable way to get more trigger time on your favorite pistol or carry pistol, please come out and join us for IDPA.
- IDPA Rules, Classifications, Divisions
- Current IDPA Rulebook (3/1/15)
- About IDPA
- About the DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club’s IDPA Club
General DRPC IDPA Information
- Dates: Please check the Calendar for the up to date schedule of IDPA matches. Match schedule is typically the 3rd Saturday of the month, with some additional matches on the 1st Saturday of the month.
- Time: Setup starts at 8:00 AM. Rounds will be down range as soon as setup up is complete. Please come for setup and be early–we cannot take additional entries after the match has started. Please consider helping with setup and teardown.
- Changes: If the weather looks questionable, shooters are advised to monitor our website after 7:15 AM for updates.
- Cost: $15.00 for DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club members and $20.00 for non-members. You will register and pay at the match. There is a $5 discount if you help setup and tear down.
- Pre-registration (makes scoring easier for us, thank you!): Visit http://idpamatchsignup.com/ and pick a DR&PC IDPA match.
- Equipment: See below.
- Match size: No maximum
- Prerequisites: You MUST be a current member in good standing with IDPA after shooting one IDPA match with DR&PC. This is per IDPA rules.
- Join IDPA by clicking here.
- Open to all safe shooters who want to have fun and hone their pistol skills, including non-members of DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club.
- Ear protection is required for all shooters, eye protection is strongly recommended for adults and required for juniors.
- A safe and operable pistol in a self-defense caliber (e.g. .38 special, 9mm, etc.).
- Eye and ear protection.
- At least 200 rounds for your pistol, though most matches are around 125 rounds (200 is better, just in case you have an ammunition or shooter malfunction). We may also shoot a longer match on some days.
- At least three magazines or speed loaders for your pistol (more is always better in case of special stages or malfunction).
- A holster that is correctly fitted to your pistol.
- A magazine carrier for two magazines, or speed loader carriers.
- A quality gun belt.
- A cover garment.
- An appropriate bag to carry your firearms, magazines, ammunition and other gear.
IDPA Around MS
- October 1, 2016 (Miss’ippi Showdown 2016 – MS State Championship)
- July 16, 2016
- June 18, 2016
- May 21, 2016
- April 10, 2016 Classifier
- March 19, 2016
- February 20, 2016
- January 16, 2016
- December 19, 2015
- October 4, 2015
- September 19, 2015
- August 15, 2015
- July 18, 2015
- June 20, 2015 (Miss’ippi Showdown 2015 – MS State Championship)